2018 Down Under Sports Photo Contest - Official Rules
BASIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on https://downundersports.smugmug.com/Guestupload/Photo-Contest
2. Submissions will not be accepted once 11/01/2018 lapses.
3. Entrants submitting photographs for the contest must have traveled and participated in the 2018 Down Under Sports Games.
4. You may submit as many as five (5) entries.
5. You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted. Photos submitted must contain no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
6. Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
7. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited. Down Under Sports reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
8. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
9. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to Down Under Sport’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
10. Participants agree to all terms and condition upon submission of photos.
11. No purchase necessary.
1. Down Under Sports will appoint a judge / judges for the contest. This will comprise of members of the Down Under Sports staff and / or external judges.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on Facebook and Instagram.
3. The decision of Down Under Sport’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
4. Down Under Sports reserves the right to call for original files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
1. Prizes will be shipped for free within the United States and Australia. Winners from outside United States may mention a valid U.S. address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries.
2. Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Contest will be solely paid by You.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Down Under Sports respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Down Under Sports, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, company, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Down Under Sports and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Down Under Sports in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Down Under Sports, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Down Under Sports from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
2. Under no circumstance will Down Under Sports be liable for any: a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions b) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s); c) problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; d) incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or e) injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
3. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Down Under Sports, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Down Under Sports reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Down Under Sports reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.